Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Seeing is Believing

I saw the televised press conference today where they announced, yet again, that a new hall will be built for the MSO. All the dignitaries were there....Mayor Tremblay, The provincial cultural minister, Maestro Kent Nagano, and premier Jean Charest who I swear referred to the conductor as "Monsieur Unesco"! Whatever it was it wasn't "maestro" and no where near "Nagano". The last time they made such an announcement I was cautiously optimistic but still had plenty of reservations which I freely expressed on the Yahoo OCSM site (orchestral musicians group) since I'd heard the same old song and dance many times with no results to speak of. For some reason the head of the MSO's musician's commitee, a very paranoid man, gave me shit for this, as though my doubts could sink the whole project.( he truly believed this!!) Well....maybe he was right because no one ever raised a shovel. Sorry about that.
Will this time be any different? We can only live in hope just like our old pal Charlie Brown.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant photoshop, Blobo. You know, even I've heard promises of building new halls and I'm also very skeptical about this one. The first promise I heard was just a few years ago, and I was very excited, not knowing the history. But now... jeeze.

Oh well. Sorry about my correcting of your grammar, but I only did it once. And I did spy a spelling mistake in my post, but (and I assume you're referring to this and not my purposeful double-negatives) you have to understand that "teh" is part of an intrernet lingo called "1337" which spells "leet" in numbers. Leet of course is "slang" for "elite". Teh GSSP are out of their leagues around 1337 speakers. They stay away from them like leprosy. One might say "0/\/\9, |)053 60|)|)4m |=|_|zz 1z 0u7 0|= |)3|` f|_||<1|\| 1339!!!111!!!!!!1111!" I challenge you to decipher that. =D

(By the bye, my compulsion in the GSS area are quite severe. I correct my S.O. quite frequently, much to her (and consequently my) [respective] dismay(s).)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and I have to share this amusing joke. Well, I thought it was amusing.

"What's the difference between Mick Jagger and a Scottsman?

Mick Jagger says 'Hey you, get off m' cloud!' and a Scottsman says 'Hey McLeod get off my ewe!'"

Anonymous said...

Hey mysterio, that's a funny joke. I thought it was
gonna be:
Mick Jagger says: Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday who could
hang a name on you?, and a Scotsman says:
Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday who could hang a name on ewe?
But I come to this with my own baggage.

slapper58 said...

Well Mysterio try as I might I can't get the full translation. So far all I can decipher is "I'm a huge computer nerd" and then I get bogged down. People who remain anonymous make it easier for me to be snide so for all I know you're a good friend of mine and here I am being an ass. That being said, thanks for the old joke. I remember laughing a lot when I 1st heard it a decade or so ago....priceless!! (sorry)

slapper58 said...

Mysterio.....TRAVIS!!! It came to me like a bolt out of the blue at 3 a.m. and now I feel bad about my mocking tone. (just slightly) Just to remind you though....blogspot is a LEET free zone. One more slip up and you'll be reported to the blog police. It WAS a funny joke BTW and I think I get the idea. let me try one of my own:
Mick Jagger says:"Please allow me to introduce myself"
Scotsman says; "Please allow me to f**k your goat"