Search This Blog

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Veltshmertze

Vivid writes.....
What do you make of 14-yr-old Finola Hackett from Tofield, Albert, taking second place in the Scripp's national spelling bee after misspelling Weltschmerz? Had she been a regular reader of your blog, Blob, she could have taken first and made us Canadians all proud as peacocks! As it is we're yet again the underdogs.

Thanks Viv(id) I agree with you hole hartedly. Any 14 year old girl could learn a lot from reading the Blob and I encourage more to do so, especially those with older sisters. As far as giving Canada an advantage this is true only if I maintain a wholely Canadian readership (this way we keep the educational advantage to ourselves). Unfortunately word of the Blob has already trickled over the border, sort of like Mexicans or terrorists, and our potential winning edge is at risk. As a citizen of both countries I don't really care who's spelling improves as long as someone out there is benefitting from my work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can you (or I)(or both of us together) freeze tofu?