Search This Blog

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Trouble in Paradise


It was bound to happen sooner or later; voices of dissent have been heard regarding my post of May 27th about euphoniums and it ain't what you think. Even though I did a bit of creative criticism in an effort to bring the euph down from its lofty perch among instruments the low brass players have not seen fit to fight back (surprising, given their testy and bitter nature). No, it seems the attacks on the blob come from the ranks of the squeamish who object to the pictures of dog turds that were used for the vital, educational purpose of explaining the age old euphonium/baritone dilemma. Two otherwise worldy and well-educated women ganged up on me at a party and voiced their displeasure in no uncertain terms. Lovers of free speech everywhere will be glad to know that I didn't flinch and remain undaunted in my resolve to say and show what I feel is necessary. Viva la revolucion!!

No comments: