Search This Blog

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Miss-perception

I'm gonna throw out a few words here and you place them next to either subject A or B. It doesn't matter whether or not you know these people and in fact, not knowing them makes this a fairer test of our perceptions. OK then, here's the list:
  • Curmudgeonly
  • Compassionate
  • Pompous
  • Pedantic
  • Hospitable
  • Babelicious
  • Passive/Agressive
  • Serene

I like to consider myself a good judge of character and I, like many of you would have put most of the negatively charged words next to subject A (although "babelicious" was a toss-up). These negatively charged words would also apply to my "Anonymous Critic" who has been picking on me and threatening me for a few days now over a friggin' apostrophe! For clarity's sake we'll call subj.A; "Dave" and subj.B ; "Viv" and guess what?? It's the lovely Viv who is the critic and not the bearish Dave as I had thought. This is freaking me out and I don't know what to do or who to turn to. The world as I knew it has ceased to exist and I feel like an untethered cork in a sea of brownish liquid (simile generator is back on line but still has a few kinks). Dave has warned me for years about Viv's dark side and I wouldn't have believed it until now. Whereas before I always pictured her wearing a halo and offering me pie I now see her in latex, carrying a whip (this is kind of intriguing actually). Mike, the euphoniumist, stands to inherit Viv when Dave keels over (as per their agreement) but maybe we can arrange a time-share. I'll be good ...I promise!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy W.R.D. to you to, Blob. I'm sure nobody out there is having as much as fun as you are but I for one am going to keep on trying!

I've been a little tardy in my response to your previous Miss-conception Rant. Don't think I haven't been thinking about it, and telling everyone who'll listen that my husband and I have our picture on the Internets. Oh, yes, I could say a lot of things about your pre-conceived notions about male/female character traits amongst other things, but I think I'll just bask in the fact that our pictures on the Internets!!

Anonymous said...

P.S. I'm really glad you're not being as picky as I am about grammar and spelling.

slapper58 said...

You'd BETTER be glad...I could fill a book!! Like I said before though...I don't want anybody feeling like they have to mind their P's and Q's too much but this one time I'm going to have to point out just 1 of your mistakes because it's a good one...."INTERNETS"???? I love it! That's the kind of thing my grandmother would say: "You kids with your internets and your Barry Manilow, it's enough already!"