Search This Blog

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Off Come the Gloves


As expected the it's vs. its controversy has heated things up in Blob land. Threatened violence of the canine and pencil-related-gang-rape varieties, invective, secrecy....what more could anyone want? Here's an example from anonymous critic:

"I suspect your sense of gratitude might be displayed in a way which might be displeasing to me so I'll just stay anonymous, thank you very much. Anyway, even if you knew who I was, I know where YOU live, too. I'll give you a little hint, though: I have a ferocious guard dog. Next,I think I'd like a dissertation on the 2nd person plural as used (or mis-used) in English. I.e. "Yous guys" vs. Y'all. What side do you land on in this great debate."

Uh uh!! I'm not getting into the yous guys/y'all debate. The Mason-Dixon line is there for a reason and the American civil war was fought largely over that one issue (if I'm not mistaken). As for my mistakes I have to agree with the beaver woman...this is my blog so I should be careful but all other contributors shouldn't feel insecure about their spelling and grammar. Focus on the content without worrying that I'll be pedantic....life is too short.

I have a feeling I know who "anonymous critic" is. There's a spurned quality to the last couple of posts so let me just say "Back off Michaelle! I have to get on with my life. It was a fun weekend (really fun) but you have your governor general gig to attend to and I'll be heading out west for a month to visit Phyllis ....perhaps I'll call when I get back." Some chicks just don't understand the word "maybe"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Guess again, Blob. I'd like to think your Babedar is better than that, but apparently I'm wrong. FIRST of all I'm MUCH taller than Michaelle. Actually I don't know how tall she is but even so, I'm MUCH taller. Also, her skin colour's all wrong for me. Sorry, let me rephrase that. She and I don't belong to the same cultural clan, if you get me. So, with those hints, do you think you can make a better guess? I'm JUST as babelicious don't forget. I'm just NOT Michaelle (sp?) Jean.