Search This Blog

Thursday, April 05, 2007

A Gentle Prodding from Dixxx

Dear Blob,
I think I speak for the masses of Blob-o-philes when I say we are sorely disappointed in the lackluster performance of this beacon of journalism. Nary a glib quip about a pantyless bimbo, nor image of fecal matter has adorned this once hallowed URL in the last two weeks. No wonder the dirty Norwegians are outstripping us in every category that matters. Needless to say this poor showing makes baby Jesus cry.
Yours in Christ,
Dixxx

I`ve never accused trombonists of being an understanding lot and Dixxx, being a greased slidesman himself, is no exception. My recent excuses and pleas for time notwithstanding, Dixxx has chosen the tough-love approach and in so doing has forced me into some very risky behaviour. My legendary computer woes seem to now rest with an overeager anti-virus program that lets me play spider solitaire only after I type in the special 15 digit security code and views all on line content as suspicious and dangerous. Dixxx called me out and questioned my cyber-virility thereby leaving me with one choice....uninstall my anti-virus program or lose face. Bottom line: here I sit completely unprotected feeling as though I`ve just walked into an all male sauna on "Bareback Nite". I`m at the mercy of any two bit hacker from here to Sri Lanka and beyond and all this to please my insatiable tuft of readers.
The spam filter is off, pop-up blocker gone and all manner of unwanted crap is flying at me. I make this sacrifice for you dear reader and in the meantime I`ll try to find some protection that doesn`t make using my computer feel like taking a shower with my socks on.


No comments: