Search This Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Dutch for Kids (warning: may not be suitable for children)


We've all done it...misunderstood song lyrics, sometimes for years, until we learn better. I thought Handel's "Comfort Ye" was " Come for Tea" for instance and you can feel free to tell me about your similar mistakes. In fact there's a website devoted to this very thing http://www.kissthisguy.com/funny.php which is worth taking a look at.
The clip above, that I was fortunate enough to find, takes this concept and runs with it: A Dutch kid's show with a happy little song that has been phonetically interpreted and sub-titled in English more or less accurately a la "Mad Gabs" (that game where you have to figure out that "into rachel mayor ridge" means "inter-racial marriage" for lack of a better example). Please watch with an open mind...I will not be apologizing.

3 comments:

TorontoMave said...

That seals it for me. I'm moving to Holland.

Anonymous said...

My comment? That clip was too long and I expected a punchline!! What a rip!

Anonymous said...

Sorry Blob,

That Dutch commercial for English Language lessons has this one beat on the laugh factor by a lot.