Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

Its All Over!!! (major spoiler alert)

Editor's Note: We have a winner but if you still want to try your hand at figuring out this year's Rebus spectacular don't look in the comment section of today's earlier post.


Almost before it got under way the 2nd annual Blob Rebus Contest is over. Troy Huber, no stranger to this website, has proven once again that a keen mind and agonizing loneliness are a potent combination!!
When he received confirmation of his victory the Connecticut resident could barely contain his glee (or his saliva) and commented on what was a difficult but rewarding evening: "I was dealing with several variables and subsets of possible word/picture combinations. It was only when I decide to apply one of the Fisk algorithms that I achieved a breakthrough."
Asked about how it felt to own a Rocky mountain Huber was pragmatic; "Being an asthmatic I don't get out to the mountains that much so I've decided to do like other big prize winners and take my winnings in installments, one truck load a year shipped to my parents backyard until I die. My dad, Troy Huber Sr. thinks it's the right thing to do."
So congratulations and a jaunty tip of the hat to you Troy Huber on a well deserved victory. Better luck to the rest of you next year. (losers)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

No fair! That pictured dropping is far beyond what I would consider a turd. There must be some sort of standardized grading system for what qualifies as a turd compared to a full blown BM. I am lodging an official claim of shenanigans on this whole contest.

Consider yourself served.
Dixxx

slapper58 said...

Dixxx,

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=turd

Copy/paste this link and then apologize at your own convenience.
Troy Huber seemed to have little trouble identifying that brown coily thing as a turd and most acceptable dictionaries simply define "turd" as a piece of excrement. The feces pictured is in fact contiguous and is therefore a single, unadulterated turd. Were it segemented, bi-partite, or even conglomerate I'd understand your confusion. Just admit that on this occasion Huber got the better of you and take your defeat like a man. You don't hear the Mikexxxster or other habitual complainers crying do you??

Maria Callous said...

Blobby, you're such a terd.

Anonymous said...

Blb, times are achaigin'. CHildren now are communicating on a whole differnt level that they were only a generation ago. Now, I think that as old fogies, you have get with the damn times. People are going to be saying "ttyl!" and "lol" in person. They're already saying "wtf", or at least my parents are. Soon we;ll have to update out insults to match those of the digital age, like "what a toolbar!" or "kiss my asterisk!", or "beej me!".Honately, I cant abide that kind of filthy talk, but I like to stir it up for a bit of a laugh nw and then. So, there's your food for thought. Let me know how you and your fogy friends are doing with the roll. of the times. i',m not drunk i swear.

slapper58 said...

Dear Mawia,
I have nothing against language evolving however I'm not crazy about it devolving.
Stay in school!!
BTW Wtf does "Beej me" mean??

Maria Callous said...

If you don't know what it means, you better buy Phyllis a plane ticket asap.

slapper58 said...

Don't play games with me bitch, save them for your little friends!(did I say that??..sorry)
OK let me put myself in the mindset of an ironic, computer savvy, 20 something...BEEJ ME hmmmm (think Blob, think!!).....got it
BLOW ME!!!

p.s. sorry for lashing out. It's the stress and sleep deprivation and the stress.

Anonymous said...

Blob! You wound me deeply!! Habitual complainer? Moi?? I don't think so!!! On the other hand, I really,really like "the Mikexxxster" - but let's tweak it just a little - how about "The Mikexxxster" (!!!!!!!)?
Vendu!!! Yer ol' pal, The Mikexxxster