Search This Blog

Monday, June 04, 2007

Not Just Your Ordinary Blog

Dixxx writes: Paris Hilton gets thrown in the slammer and not a peep from the Blob? What gives?



I guess judging from past experience one would have expected me to be right there with some snide comment or witty observation but then what blogger with an eye for irony wouldn't weigh in? I'll let Sarah Silverman field this one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR_sTKnvFR4 All media are abuzz with the Paris Hilton story and this in a week where the New York Yankees managed to steal more than a few headlines. Alex Rodriguez, the happily married Yankee slugger gets caught going up to his hotel room with a muscular stripper and future hall of famer Roger Clemens has to cancel his much heralded return to the bigs because his groin was experiencing tightness and fatigue. I dare say that A Rod had similar issues but didn't miss an at bat!!

I suppose I should devote a post to Paris but there's so much wrong in the real world that I feel like I'd be wasting my time. I've been thinking that perhaps The Blob could be a vehicle for change, for consciousness raising, for social and environmental activism. I could put aside the poop jokes and general juvenile antics for a while and try to do some real good!

Why the change in attitude? Well.. it's been brewing for a while but I suppose things crystalized when I started thinking about purchasing my next car and whether or not to go hybrid. All the vehicles of this sort are out of my price range or at least I thought they were until I came across a story form the Russian press about KMC (khyrgistan motorworks collective) and their intriguing Zoltan 520Z. It seems to have everything I want in an affordable hybrid both in terms of environmental sustainability and my lifestyle.
This clever take on an age old design has a one HP engine (a real horse) attached to the main carriage for city driving. This is easily detached and the surprisingly powerful 3 cylinder engine kicks in for longer hauls. KMC has yet another trick up their sleeve according to spokesman Bogdan Antanaska: "Our fuel is very similar to bio deisel but is made entirely from the fermentation of the beet root. (Khyrgistan's only crop) A simple compost/still operation can produce more than enough for the average user"
So Dixxx...there you have it. Sure I've been a bit distracted but wouldn't you be too if there were a Zoltan 520Z in you're future??

No comments: