Search This Blog

Friday, June 22, 2007

Dear Mom and Dad, Camp was a Blast!!!


"Fatwa Camp??....I thought my parents were sending me to Fat Camp!!!" said Saleem, the portly and somewhat surprised teenager.

Afghan Suicide Bomber School Holds “Graduation”
Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Footage depicting what can only be described as a Taliban “graduation” ceremony that took place June 9 was obtained by
abc News this week. The footage and accompanying report, which came by way of a Pakistani journalist invited to observe the ceremony, shows approximately 300 masked men and boys dressed in loose-fitting tunics and sandals and sitting in rows in a desolate mountain range along the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

As my own daughter makes last minute preparations for her own graduation and prom it's hard not to read the article excerpt above and think "Geez, what a small world!" This is the time of year when teens across the globe prepare to move on in life, some apparently into the afterlife, with ceremonies that mark this important rite of passage.
With the success of the Afghani school stories of similarly themed summer camps are already emerging from various corners of the Mid-east. I saw a recent ad for a Pakistani camp that promised Archery, Bomb making, Horseback riding, and a Farewell Video Workshop. Sounds like a lot of fun for the young insurgent to be! Camp Khaboum (as it's called) even has it's own catchy jingle sung to the tune of Ponchielli's Dance of the Hours (better known as Alan Sherman's Hello Muddah, Hello Fadduh.)

Hello Mullah, Hello Allah
Time to join the Intefada
I'm heroic but still modest
That is just what one would want from a Jihadist.
So long Mother, farewell Father
I'm preparing to be a martyr
I've been trained to be sycophantic
Now they say that we'll be crossing the Atlantic!
I don bombs (oh Mother, Father)
with aplomb, (it's not a bother)
I'm grown up so now I can blow up
and take along a Jew (or maybe two).
Infidels we're targeting and
Fear's what we're mass marketing so
Camp Khaboum has lead us to assume
that dying for our cause deserves applause.
Soon the summer will have ended
Then our faith has to be defended
I'll be joining the insurgents
Then I have a date in heaven with some virgins!!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, Camp Khaboum. It is very nice.
We did a lot of waterboarding there.
[or Islam-dunk, as we used to call it]

But who is this Allan Sherman? [is he
a Jew?]

slapper58 said...

Google him...what am I? a friggin' encyclopedia?!??