Search This Blog

Monday, June 30, 2008

There's a Thirsty Sucker Born Every Minute











I've long been suspicious of bottled water. As a kid I remember the exotic, salty Vichy Celestin and the ubiquitous, fizzy Perrier. I liked neither and never understood what all the fuss was about. Not too long a go all hell broke loose and, well....read this article and then we'll talk:

Sure, at certain times the convenience factor can be a major selling point and bottled water has been a real life saver in some of those places I've visited that have a tainted and dangerous supply: Mexico, certain areas of South America, my Aunt Miriam's etc.

Dasani, or filtered tap water, is bad enough but how about BlingH2O mentioned in the article. Have a look at their website and then we'll talk some more: http://www.blingh2o.com/

The good news is that this wasteful and moronic tide may be turning. The green movement is having it's say and people are finally starting to pay attention. The recent U.S Mayors meeting saw a motion passed that would seek to put the genie back in the plastic bottle and ban all municipal use of this product. Here at The Blob though, money talks, and I'd be hard pressed to turn down another sponsor. As such I've accepted an offer from a company who's ad campaign, and consequently their water, is the most palatable. Remember; I am not a hypocrite, I'm a human being!! (who could use the money)

No comments: