Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Super Hero Fever (yes, we need another hero)




It's just about summer and once again Hollywood is trotting out the super hero themed blockbusters. We've already had Ironman and The Hulk and there will certainly be others coming down the chute.
The film trailer above is from a movie I saw on TV as a child. I don't remember it much except that the Mexican super hero, Santo, was called upon to battle vampire women who were led by a mysterious immortal with the worst case of eczema ever!!
I saw another Santo film earlier this year while working in Colombia and there, in my hotel room, I had a revelation and at once understood the whole super hero phenomenon. (Santo=Saint...hello-ooo!!)
Think about it...worldwide we spend billions of dollars a year on these fictional characters and it's basically the same story being told over and over again. Good vs. evil, the world in peril or just plain folk victimized by the greedy and treacherous saved in the end by a mysterious being, at once of this world yet possessing supernatural powers, knowable and familiar yet unknowable all the same. Did somebody say Jesus?? (the old testament God was too much of a vindictive asshole, sort of a bizarro Jesus, so I can't include him in this analogy.)
It's hardwired in us, this need for justice in the face of a frequently oppressive and grossly unfair existence. Whether at places of worship or in cinemas, in front of a television or a comic book, we seek to have our wrongs redressed even if it's some kind of vicarious catharsis. The fact that we are willing to shell out so much money got me to thinkin'....maybe I can cash in on this too, come up with my own popular super hero and retire in style!!


Here's the back story for volume#1:


Craig Garner's parent's were killed by terrorists on 9-11. He's presently an Ivy League grad student assisting his physics professor, the eccentric but brilliant Dr. Ladislaw Bronislavski, on a top secret pentagon project. After a jargon laden monologue detailing the experiment (treating mice with irradiated mega-hormones and a new drug that causes cells to vibrate at a frequency invisible to the human eye.) Bronislavski exits the lab leaving young Craig to close up. He ends up accidentally falling into a vat of this toxic soup and dies, a victim of drowning and radiation poisoning. He is buried soon after but the chemicals begin to take their effect...his whole body was affected inside and out except for a small area between his buttocks (which were clenched at the time of the fall) that was never touched by the liquid, indeed, in his comatose state the chemicals never worked their way entirely through his digestive tract. He is now alive, larger, stronger, and completely invisible save for his anus!!

You get the picture....bye bye Craig Garner, hello Anus Boy!!!! (OK , OK...so this is my 1st attempt. I think I got the formula right but the central character may need a litle retooling).


On a related topic, I posted a cleavgey picture of the young soprano Maria Callous a couple of days back and within 48 hours my daily readership more than doubled!! (I kid you not) It's sort of disheartening to think that the whole, massive internet industrial complex is being driven by pathetic men world wide, trolling for tits (guilty as charged). With that in mind this final super hero pic is sure to keep my new enlarged fan base from shrinking back to it's pre-Maria size.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Damn you, Blob! I had been counting on supplementing my meagre BMI and SAG pensions with the 40th anniversary re-release of "Mike of Arabia" (what; you want me to eat dog-food the rest of my life?!?!?)!!!!
First, you trash what I consider to be one of my finest efforts (in contrast to what you believe, Blobber, the Al-Akhbar Mohammadhan Martyr's Brigade Weekly said, "Mike of Arabia sets the Euphrates on fire!!!! Death to all Infidels!!!! Except Mike!!!!!!!!" The Baghdad Daily Gleaner wrote, "Mike of Arabia had them ululating in the aisles!!!!! Mike for Caliph!!!!" Enough said, Blobeleh?!?!?!)
Then, unbelievably, within hours, you post THE HOTTEST PICTURE EVER (and no, I am not referring to Anus Boy, or whatever his name is; oh, I'm sure Anus Boy, or whatever his name is, has his admirers.................my former colleague, Lawrence ((what a poofter!!!)), is probably choking the chicken even as I write!!))) on the Blob (pace, Maria Callous!)!!!
I hold nothing against Supergirl (sadly!), but how, in The Name of Allah, is even the hottest "blue-eyed-sheik" euphonium player (and Freedom Fighter!!!) supposed to compete with such an uber-vixen (such gorgeous hair!!!!!)????? Perhaps I've been in the Middle-East too long; but can you just imagine this (Super)girl in a burkha!!!!! Whoaoaoaoaoa!!!!! Yowwwwwwwzaaaaa (it would REALLY highlight her eyes!!)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's not too late to right the wrong, Blobbie!! You know what you have to do!!!!! Send me some dog-food!!! Your hungry friend, Mike (of Arabia!!!)

slapper58 said...

I'm a little suspect of the foreign reviews Mikexxster. The same two papers loved "Sex and the City" each giving it 5 raisins (or virgins depending on the translation).
Not to have you gnashing your teeth but that was a live photo shoot for the Supergirl pic. I met the model a few hours earlier while doing some grocery shopping...50 bucks and a handshake later and we were in business but frankly I should have hired a pro....she kept giggling and squirming as I applied the body paint (women and their blasted erogenous zones!!). BTW the body paint in question went on like a charm, especially after I apllied the primer.
Anyways we worked near my house, down by the river. That's my neighbour's boy, Yannick, whizzing by on his seadoo and almost ruining the shot....I cropped him out as best I could.
If it's burqa babes you want check out this very blog, May 31, 2006...bring kleenex.

Maria Callous said...

The last phrase in that article better not have been a snide comment about my rack. Furthermore, I am NOT a soprano. I am a mezzo-soprano: half the range AND half the bitchiness. We are a rare breed (but a feisty one!)

slapper58 said...

Gawd Maria, must I explain everything!!
The last comment of the post had nothing to do with your "rack". I was talking about how many more readers I had after posting your cleavage photo and then in true double-entendre style hoped for my "enlarged" readership to not "shrink" back to pre-pic size. Hidden subtext: the readers would see the supergirl photo and maintain the erections they got looking at the cleavage picture. So much funnier now that I've explained it into submission.
BTW mezzo or whatever, you're still a soprano of sorts and you can't escape the associated stigma just like bi-sexual men will forever be seen as gay. Sorry, that's just the way life is.

Maria Callous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Callous said...

Still sore about that, eh? Were the macho men giggling and pointing at you from the water cooler again? My sympathies.

slapper58 said...

Maria, what a vague comment. I sort of have no idea what you're referring to unless you were talking to someone else. I needn't remind you that this page is not for your personal use other than that which applies directly to the material!
Maybe you were alluding to my sexuality re: the bi-sexual = gay comment I made earlier. Don't forget that I've been in a committed relationship with a woman who lives thousands of kilometres away and who I rarely see. I'm not bi or gay, I'm a lacko-sexual or at best a hando-sexual,definitely not bi or gay.
You, on the other hand, are a mezzo-SOPRANO!! Embrace it, love it, out of the closet with you...start living the lifestyle!!