Search This Blog

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Where to Begin??

Another January Blob hiatus has come to an end and I've returned from Colombia once again having successfully avoided being conned into becoming a coke mule.
The music festival (the reason I was there) was a hit as was my carefully nurtured tan. By the end the locals referred to me only as "El Caramelo" and even those travelling with our entourage were impressed. Back here in Montréal my usual pastiness will soon return as I reconnect with my true self and achieve, once again, wan-ness with the universe

I kept to a strict regimen of 20-30 MPS (minutes per side) as discussed in an earlier post but because of an unfortunate oversight didn't get the overall tan that I'd hoped for. Being of husky build I forgot that that I actually have four sides and have come home with a whitish stripe down each side of my torso (The Oreo Effect as my GF so lovingly puts it). Turning back-side-front-side would become a tiresome and uncomfortable ordeal....it's already hard enough making the 180 degree flip once every 30 minutes!! Let's get serious here, there has to be a better way...and there is!!


Tanco Industries Ltd. of Redondo beach, CA has come out with a great new product that effectively puts the kaibosh on the Oreo Effect once and for all .

Rosie O'Donnell's Round 'n' Brown Beach Rotisserie is a wonderful new product that you can order through The Blob's catalogue service.

Order within the next 15 minutes and get a free Accessory Kit that includes a spray mister, baster, and dip-mop to soak up and reapply the precious, coconut oil infused drippings.

If only I'd had one of these babies down Cartagena way!!

A special thank you to all Blobophiles for your patience and forbearance. These were trying times for all of us. There were many occasions during the past 2 weeks when I longed to be in my cold studio typing away furiously about some inane subject for the momentary amusement of a handful of bored people even as I luxuriated poolside with a frosty pina colada amidst a bounty of thong wearing Jennifer Lopez types.

Well....I'm back(phew)....keep those cards and letters coming!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Viva el Blobo,


On the flip side to your comment, it's nice to have you back to keep us from practising!
Nice pic of El Carmello and La Carmella.

Maria Callous said...

I like how Blobby had to go all the way down to south america to find women who aren't taller than him.

slapper58 said...

Yes Maria, I did go all the way to South America but somehow it was the women who found me!!
The same thing happened at the Dixxx wedding and all those chicks were amazons. Anyways, as Voltaire once said: "Is it not so that when lying down we are all the same height?"
While it's common knowledge that people shy away from opera singers (especially sopranos and tenors) as relationship material they consider timpanists and drummers to be prime real estate. I don't know why this is but for example, the 1st time my GF Phyllis saw me play timpani they almost had to squeegee her off the floor.
BTW Fiesta bear...no rest for the weary, get back to the wood shed!!
I'll not be held responsible for your failures.

Anonymous said...

WOW Blobbie! That bit about your "girlfriend" (I feel, somehow, that I know you better than you do yourself!! All those photos of you with your arm around those pretty girls- talk about a reverse beard-fest!!!!) and the squeegee reminds me (as if I could forget!!!!)- the first time I ever saw you play tympani they had to squeegee (parts of ) me off the ceiling!!!!! Embarassing?? Yes! Satisfying?? ABSOLUTELY!!!! Blobber!! You are most certainly NOT "douche chill"!!!!! Quite the opposite, in fact (I used to think that Carl Weathers was all man-I know better now, pauken-mensch!!!)!!! I love you Blobbie!! How about a banger in the mouth?!?!?! Ha Ha!!! Just kidding (not really!!!)!!! What do you say, EL Blobbo?????

Anonymous said...

O Blobbie,

From Tobias' post, it sounds like you are in for some fun. Now stop preventing me from practising!!!!!