Search This Blog

Monday, January 28, 2008

Maid in France










Mama C writes:




Are you guys too shy to give compliments or do you only notice women's clothing when it's miniscule, black and comes with a matching frilly, white cap?




This comment was in reference to the "Hillary as maid" photo from a couple of days ago. I don't know why men respond so readily to that costume but the french maid has probably been a sexual icon since the early days of Burlesque and maybe even Commedia del Arte. The power of the image may have something to do with the subservient position of the housekeeper as we wouldn't respond in a similar fashion to a woman dressed as pilot or cop.


As a rule I don't think that men are too shy to give out compliments to a woman based on her fashion choices or general appearance. This has to be done with care though, especially if the woman is married and her husband is nearby. People have been killed for less!


Besides...it's common knowledge that women go crazy for a man in uniform so what's good for the goose is good for the gander and when it comes to an attractive woman in a maid outfit gander I will. Lest I be accused of sexism I think this is a good time to display a photo of iconic images of men so my women readers will have something to ogle and fantasize over. Don't say I'm not evenhanded!!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yah, Blob; the uniform thing is fascinating!! But with all due respect, let's cut to the chase!!! As we come to the end of another wonderfully soul-enhancing Mikexxxster Birthday Week (a BIG Mikexxxster THANK YOU to all those who made it such a success!!!), I can't help but wonder if there are important lessons to be learned from the experience that might benefit all humankind...........to paraphrase Dr. Martin Luther King; "I have a scheme!!!!!" Let's keep alive that invigourating excitement that hangs in the air during MBW; let's maintain that warm, fuzzy feeling that seems to envelop everyone and everything at this most wonderful time of year; the sense that this is the way things could be all the time, if only we all tried just a litte harder!! Here's a crazy thought! What if Mikexxxster Birthday Week lasted 52 weeks a year?!?!?! I suggest this not for my own selfish benefit of course (that is not the Mikexxxster way!!!), but golly(!!!); what a wonderful world it would be, don't you all think?!?!?!?! Socrates said that when planning an action, we should ask ourselves, what if everyone did what we are contemplating doing :) :) :)!!!!!! As well, he asked that we consider, what if no one did what we have in mind :( :( :( !!!!!!! The future happiness of humanity is in the balance here, people (YOUR future happiness!!!)!!! Let's do the right thing!!! MIKEXXXSTER BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!!!! ALL YEAR LONG!!!!!!!! As Wilfred Brimly used to say (before he joined the choir invisible), IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!!!!!!!!

slapper58 said...

OK Mikexxxster let's use the Socratic method you described...If we all celebrated MBW 52 weeks a year I'm afraid the economy would come to a standstill (save for the distilleries and breakfast spots).
If none of us celebrated there'd be an effect no doubt...imagine the Sahara desert with one less grain of sand!!
Its one thing to quote Socrates but tread lightly when citing the great Wilford Brimley.
He did indeed say "It's the right thing to do" but he was touting bran or oats or some other colon cleansing cereal. You're 56 now Mikexxster...worry less about year long celebrations and more about following Brimley's advice. That way you'll surely remain my most regular contributor!!

Anonymous said...

Blob! Please!! I'm trying to sleep!! I'll demolish your argument at a more commodious time! But I will say this..... the Sahara with one less grain of sand.......a sadder, lonelier place, my friend!!! Long live the dream!!!!!! And just so you know, the "8:45" arrives at the "station" on time, every time!!!! Wooo wooo!!! Mr. W. Brimly would most certainly approve!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! You guys crack me up. I even enjoyed the alternative french maid outfits, Blobbie, my friend. You very pointedly didn't include any outfits with frilly white caps. Point well taken.

Still, next time a woman has a new outfit on (and if it turns out that she's been wearing it for months, she'll probably still forgive you if you deliver your lines with conviction), and this goes double if you're involved with her, don't forget to say "You look fabulous! Is that new?" and you may add, if you're in the mood, "Do you think they have it in my size?" Then you can play dress-up!

Sorry this is so late, I have been busy with my so-called life and haven't been keeping up my reading (of the Blob that is).