Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Mi Diahria di Cartagena....Enero 2008

Hola Amigos y Amigas de El Blob,

While the hi tech Blob postings are now on hiatus I still can do an old fashioned diary style blog every once in a while so pardon me as I now inflict this upon you:

Tan Update

  • Day 1- perfect conditions as always, 15 minutes per side (MPS), little if any noticeable change in skin tone.
  • Day 2- 20 MPS, base coat coming along nicely, pinkish hue detected (somewhere between bologna and black forest ham)
  • Day 3- Went out earlier than normal (11:30) and did almost 30 MPS. Given the earth's midday inclination in relation to the solar rays the effect was somewhat stronger than expected. Noticeable corporeal redness accompanied by radiating waves of warmth across the upper back. Only minor discomfort....bullet successfully dodged.
  • Day 4- medically recommended fallow period.

There is a documentary film maker here with us and I pitched an idea that may just have wings.

There are lots of these miniscule lizards here called geckos. My idea is a litle piece called The Gecko Hunter (a la Steve Irwin, the late Crocodile Hunter) I could chase after a gecko, (we could just tie a piece of thread to a dead one and pull it allong the beach) and then jump on its back thereby wrestling it into submission. At that point my 2 burly assistants would run in with rope and vigorously bind it for our further protection. When I got up there would only be a smudge on the beach and on my shirt, (possibly a mixture of ketchup and relish).

more later...maybe.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gee, I'm sure glad I re-read that one! I was reading it the first time thinking your were writing about doing a film called "Greco-Roman Hunter!" Whew! Although I would support that venture, and perhaps even come on board as a financial supporter/producer, the whole Gecko thing does make much more sense to me...

TorontoMave said...

A little bored down there Blobby? Stooping so low as to wrestle geckos to get attention from the locals? A good sunburn is what you need - that would catch their eye.........."Heh, gringo, wear a hat......"

Anonymous said...

Re Lars' post:

Where is this not Greco-Roman action everyone's been talking about? Party Bear needs to know!

Maria Callous said...

I miss you Blobby, please come back :(

slapper58 said...

Thanks Maria...I miss me too. Thank God you still have Mikexxxster and his various verbose, exclamation point spewing alter egos to keep you amused.

PB, the greco-roman action is in my room; #851 Cartagena Hilton, every night around 10:30. You'd be surprised to see how hard it is to pin Yuli Turovsky... especially when he's coated in lard!!

Anonymous said...

Ya, BLoobie-i aint so much fer readin' stories as ramblin' an' as what they call loqatious as yer post, eh (hardly what ya call ripsnortin'!!!!)? BOORIN'!!!!!!!! Kinda boorin' ya might say!!! !Consistity an' succint is what yer lookin' fer, eh?? save us all a bunch atime eh?? But heres the thing..... I gotta tells ya, yer hedline tells me all i gotta an' wanna Know (to much, likes ta say!).......who gives ashit (ha ha!!) about yer diarrea down south ameroca way in Cartaginer, eh (aint that near portugal??)?!?! If yer sittin' on the craper all days long, well; it's what we call montizumer's avenge, eH?? white man (specialy yer fellers of yer jewish persuation!!!) aint got no bizness down at yer equater, it seems to ol' pappy!! Sick ta what ya know an' stays where yers at!!! thats what i been sayin' fer low these many decaads, like ya might say!! an look at ol' PAppy!! -slick as a weasal an'quicker than a possum up a gum tree!! I's ashapppy as a pig in a bigbucket a shit-sorta likes yer very own situaton ya might say eh BLOb (i aint sayin' yer a pig, mind, an' im guessin' ya aint to hapy!)? but hey blOOber! Itl pass! itl pass!! (Ha HA!!) Anyways, ta me yer a good man bLober but if'n ya would be abit more delicat in what ya calls yer post?? (im thinkin' of the wife, eh????)....An' wacha got agin' good ol' Mikexxster????? Sure he's usin' them doohickiesan' watchamacallits to the tail end of what he's writin', but aint he got some class an' stile(!!!) (a feller could lern from the likes a ol' Mikexxxster, eh blobeR??? whadda ya say?!?!)!!!!!!!!!

Maria Callous said...

So anyway...

slapper58 said...

I go away for two friggin' weeks and look what happens...the Mikexxster is right back where he started as though all my ministrations and counsel have gone for nought. I guess it's true; you can't teach an old dog to be concise"
BTW diahria is Spanish for diary (give or take an H). What happens between me and my intestinal tract is nobody's business!

Anonymous said...

Dear Blob,

I was just reminiscing about the your post from 24 June 2006 "Gonzales and his magic burro Panchito". Have you seen any donkey acts since you've been down there?

Dixxx

Anonymous said...

Yikes, that Pappy! If he can barely read, why does he keep going to the Blob and making "comments" that nobody can decipher? Oh, well you can't keep a redneck down, I guess.

Looking forward to your triumphant return, Blobele!

slapper58 said...

Dixxx I'm reminiscing right along with you(ahh Panchito "the donkey who knew his every thought"...will we ever see the likes of him again?)
Sorry it's taken so long to get back to you with a reply but the research on my thesis; The effect of solar radiation and coconut oil on pectoral implants in the post-pubescent, female, beach going,thong wearing, population of Colombia is taking up way more time than I'd anticipated. I'm doing a lot of field work and most of it while lying on my stomach pretending to be asleep.
As for donkey shows I can't honestly say that I've seen any unless I can can include this one evening where these two chicks used a donkey as part of their act, along with 8 ping pong balls and a couple of lit cigarettes....

Anonymous said...

Done està mi Blobito? Soy muy triste, y lloro mucho.

TorontoMave said...

Hee, hah........