Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

NBC Stays the Course







Displaying uncommon resolve, NBC decided thursday morning to stay with their regularly scheduled programming rather than switch over to a live press conference featuring Tony Blair and George Bush. All other North American networks carried the event but NBC ignored the herding instinct and stuck with Martha Stewart.
"I was completely against the idea at first" said anchorman Brian Williams "but when I saw that fabulous cheesecake she was making.....well, it was a call I wasn't willing to make...I backed off immediately".
Stewart, a reformed convict and the high priestess of homemakers followed the cooking segment with another devoted to inexpensive, fun fashions for the holidays. Meanwhile frustrated viewers across the nation were missing The Price Is Right and The View. "I'd just yelled out my bid on a home juke box and then they cut to that Katie Couric woman...I never knew if I'd have won or whatnot!" Betsy Munson wasn't the only unhappy customer as switchboards lit up at nearly all the stations who'd cut away.



Bush and Blair,as expected, had little if anything of substance to say (the Iraq Study Group report notwithstanding) so NBC won the day by being resolute and remaining loyal to their morning fan base of bored, overweight women. (and me)

No comments: