Search This Blog

Monday, February 26, 2007

Oscar Thoughts a la Blob- Not Just Another Pissing Contest


What can I say about an Oscar night where Al Gore gets the biggest laugh? Ellen Degeneres was wry with gusts to droll and will never be invited back, likeable though she is. The daytime schtick just doesn't cut it.
Martin Scorcese and The Departed cleaned up even though it wasn't really the best film out there. The academy members, feeling remiss for having slighted the great director in the past, all joined in to create their own equvalent of the biggest pity f**k since I lost my virginity some years ago. He's still my favorite director but I'd have preferred if he won for Goodfellas.
The true stroke of genius this evening was canning the annual dance number and hiring Pilobolus in its stead to do several 10 second shilouetted masterpieces of motion.
Fashion wise there were the usual hits and misses. Among the latter were J Lo who looked like an upscale sofa and Naomi Watts (in bright yellow with a black belt) who looked like a bumble bee.
Cate Blanchett was stunning and made the case for being gaunt while Oscar winner Helen Mirren was simply breathtaking. I can only hope my tits look that good when I'm 61!!

1 comment:

slapper58 said...

BTW with regards to the aforementioned loss of virginity and despite your assumptions it was I who was the pitiER and not the pityEE. Out of respect for the memory of Agnes the lonely, three-legged goat I'll go into no further detail.