Search This Blog

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Health Alert

Anonymous said...
Hi Blob,This recent post brings to mind an uncomfortable thought that is always percolating in the back of my mind: why do escargots always look like dog noses?


Obviously the two are made of the same sort of dark, mucousy, rubber-like substance. The fact that you are plagued by these confusing thoughts was instantly a source of concern for me and as I read your question I couldn't help but think of Oliver Sacks' best seller The Man Who Mistook His Wife for a Hat (1985 Simon and Schuster). Sacks tells the stories of individuals afflicted with perceptual and intellectual aberrations and indeed your post seems to point towards Munsinger's Syndrome. If you've been recently struck in the head or have watched more than 2 episodes of "That 70's Show" in the past month you should see a doctor immediately!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Blob,

I have to apologize for my long absence from the Blob. There's really no excuse, so I won't post one that you'll surely blow out of the water. However, I can reassure you that from now on, your readership is back up to three!

I'm a little confused. From Dixxx's comment about anti-terrorism ads I'm assuming that there should be some on the side bar of your blog, but I don't see any! Is that because Dixxx is pulling my leg or because of my Mac, which cleverly weeds out subversive ads automatically? (I knew there was a good reason I bought into Apple!)

Another question, is there a vegetarian alternative to aspic? My son wants to know, because that's the one thing he misses since turning to the dark side (as my husband calls it).

Viv