Search This Blog

Monday, May 21, 2007

THE BLOB IS ONE YEAR OLD TODAY!!!!


After a false alarm earlier this month I can safely confirm that today, May the 21st, 2007 is the official one year anniversary of The Blob. Needless to say it's a bit of a madhouse here at the head office with all manner of dignitaries and well-wishers popping by for a cherished photo-op and a free glass of celebratory champagne. I've managed to slip away for a few minutes and will post this as quickly as I can! Looking back over this past year, the hours of work to get this endeavour up and running and the further time spent scoping the bowels of pop culture and world events for material, I can safely say that it's been all worth it. My regular readership started off at a paltry 5 people and rose steadily to 8 only to fall back again to 3 or 4. My staff demographer explained the backslide as a simple result of more freelance low brass work in the spring, global warming, and an obscure reference to the Zionist banking conspiracy (Zionists...is there anything they're not responsible for??)......one sec......"Yeah thank you very much Mr. president, you can put it over there on the counter." Sorry about the interruption, the was President Faure Gnassingbe of Togo with a quiche...anyways, as I've always said "It's a rough world out there and if I can make just one person laugh than I've done my job." I believe I've fulfilled this objective and look to at least double that number in the coming year. Time to sign off and get back to the party but before I do we should revisit what was without doubt the year's most popular post, Ladies and gentlemen I give you from November 28th 2006: The Greatest Orchestra Ever http://www.flurl.com/item/Naked_Asian_Orchestra_u_202435

No comments: