Search This Blog

Monday, November 13, 2006

A New Era Dawns

Vivvy asks: "My question to you is (and now I guess I really have to think of one)...oh, yeah, why has it come to this; that in order to make it in politics in the good ol' U.S. of A., one has to claim a fervant belief in God? It's really pretty scary. I don't know whether I'm letting the cat out of the bag here, Blobby, but aren't you kind of...dare I say it...American, yourself? So you can answer this question better than most. "

Thanks for the question Viv and yes...I am an American. Let's not forget that I'm a proud Canadian as well and after the 3 burritos I had last night you might say that I'm pretty much the embodiment of the entire North American continent....at least until the bowl of Count Fistula kicks in. (archives Oct. 13th) As far as religion and politics goes it's an old story....do whatever it takes to get the votes. The religious right in the states is a powerful voting block that until recently (last week) was fairly monolithic. Even the most satan-loving and perverted pol has to attend church and act appropriately pious to garner the millions of votes that these people represent. Until the US elections last week the incredible polarization of the republicans and democrats better known as the culture wars was threatening to creep across our borders but the ineptitude and hypocrisy of the Bush regime is actually bringing mainstream politics back to the center. Given enough time and enough rope even assholes will eventually figure out how to hang themselves.
Maybe we are entering a time of rapprochement and understanding. We should all be asking ourselves; "What can I do to help?". Here's a link to a radio report about the Yiddish language that you should listen to in this spirit...go on...listen already. Don't be such a schmuck!! http://www.npr.org/templates/rundowns/rundown.php?prgId=13 Simply find the SEARCH box and type WEX then click on "Born to Kvetch" and then click LISTEN.... you'll be "kvelling" (to luxuriate in a warm puddle of your own urine...HEY times were tough!) within seconds.

No comments: