Search This Blog

Monday, October 16, 2006

Leave it to Beaver


...as in "leave it to beaver (aka my GF Phyllis) to once again lower the tone of the Blob with her poop talk". I'll plead guilty for having set her off with my "Count Fistula" ad and honestly, I never would have done it had I known the consequences. Leave it to Dixxx for blending scatology and eschatology (the branch of phliosophy/religion dealing with the end of days and the coming of the messiah) into one coherent post.
The comment section is and has always been a free forum for discussion. I see myself as a moderator and occasionally an arbiter but now that the backwaters of my Blob have become more of a sewage system I may have to put my foot down (albeit very carefully!).
Sure, there's a time and place for this type of humor....Vegas in the 60's for instance. Half of Buddy Hackett's act was scatological and the late Redd Foxx's album "You Gotta Wash Your Ass" with a grimacing Foxx and a mule on the cover was perhaps the pinnacle of scat humour. That being said I know that I shouldn't be looking a gift horse (or mule for that matter) in the mouth and should be thankful for any and all commentary no matter how distasteful. I guess I'll be more careful about inspiring tasteless thoughts while Dixxx counts his blessings and Phyllis (bran-eatin' beaver) stocks up on psyllium. The arbiter has spoken.

No comments: