Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Slapper's Book Club Pick 'o' the Month

Book clubs are all the rage but I can't confess to being an avid reader. Doing anything else is just too tempting therefore I'll be formatting my club thusly: near the end of each month I'll suggest a book so if you read on you'll get your suggestion for May. As there's only 1 day left before June that doesn't really give anyone enough time to 1st, find the book and then read it so that effectively eliminates the "guilt about procrastination" vibe that is my least favorite part of any such group. "How the hell are we supposed to read the book?" you may well ask. I'm sure that if you really want to you'll find a way. Without further ado here's this month's selection, Percy Bysshe Shelley's nostalgic and bittersweet look back at his adolescence:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

slappy: "I need help with my egret" = "weighted reptile hymen". Coincidence? I don't think so... Jacques Ville D'ete

slapper58 said...

Thanks Dixxx. I can't give it an official recommendation until around June 29th but I'll keep the book in mind.While I'm at it, a special thank you to Jacques Ville d'ete for all the great anagrams. Decipher the following anagram to find out who Jacques REALLY is:
"JIMMIE'S MALE LOVER"

slapper58 said...

BTW Dixxx...I slept with a woman for many years and eventually she was rendered incapable of being satisfied by ANY man. Let's see MR.so-called Shibumi top THAT!!