Search This Blog

Sunday, May 21, 2006

Greetings and salutations


Welcome to the inaugural posting of The Blob* advice network.

I've been giving advice away for free for many years so I figures "what the heck" (I figures) let's put it on the net and put my kids through college then somebody tells me the blogs are free too. So it looks like community trade school after all, sorry kids.
So....ask away. Important matters of the heart,even more important matters of the vesicle, grammar, animal husbandry. Here's a sample query:

Dear Blob,

My girlfriend likes to bask in her own "weltschmerz" while I enjoy a good wallow in "angst" Our intimacy has been suffering as a direct result of this polarity. What should we do ?

I told them to try "schadenfreud" which means deriving pleasure from someone else's misfortune and misery and today they are married!

Here's a haiku to get you started:

he gave me advice
it wasn't what i wanted
i followed blindly

be true to that spirit now and go.....do......

All comments, questions, and assumed characters (read: aliases or pseudonyms) employed in the transmission of the aforementioned items are the wholely owned intellectual property of The Blob: a subsidiary of The Wong Feng Dumpling Cooperative (Infotainment and Sharp Metal Toy Division), so there!!!!

1 comment:

slapper58 said...

That's the beauty of my "blob" Grant. The 60's are BACK only now we can celebrate our liberation at home, in our underpants! The annoying ranting you did back in the day is all the rage once again. Get hip to the scene grandpa.