Search This Blog

Friday, May 26, 2006

Me....Prepare to be Fascinated


So... here it is, the long awaited profile that "blogspot" has repeatedly tried to keep me from posting. My lawyers advised me well and after excising all slanderous and libelous details about my tryst with the governor general of Canada (the right honorable Michaelle Jean) I've been given the go ahead.

I'm somewhat of a homebody but I'm most proud of my extensive pencil collection. My prize possession is the "Dark Angel Limited Edition" put out in the early sixties by the Eberhard Faber co. Its been laser sharpened to six microns and don't bother asking cuz it ain't for sale!!!!

MUSIC:

I love all types of music but mostly if its pencil-related i.e. anything by Sarah MacLachlan, the 60's inspired folk of "The Sharpeners" and Hamburg's own "PencilWerks"

FILMS:

"A Pencil for Mr. Lupowitz", "2B or not 2B", "The Constant Sharpener", "L.E.A.D."(a Stallone classic!) and John Grisham's "The Graphite Imperative"

SPORT:

I love all sports but mostly the little known national sport of Peru; Pajano (pronounced pay-CHA-no). In this game a large pencil-shaped log is placed upright on its unsharpened end in the middle of a rectangular field. 2 teams of 10 men compete to knock the pencil (or pinquilla) flat into the other side's territory and are awarded points based on time and distance. The game is violent but by no means as bad as in its original form, an Inca war game. Back then if the log landed pointing at a player the successful side quickly picked it up and rammed it straight through the unfortunate victim. Play continued until 1 team surrendered and in this way disputes between tribes were settled without the loss of hundreds or thousands of lives.

SCARED OF:

Pens

HAPPIEST WHEN:

DUHHHH.....when I'm at any pencil collectors convention (IAPC only!) including next year's "PenciCon 2007" to be held in Akron, Ohio next march. Be there or be dull!!

No comments: