Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Wonderful Woman - Terrible Man



Before I get to the meat and potatoes of this post I'd just like to thank you all for bearing with me during this hectic "back to school" week. As busy as I've been though I've still managed to set aside some time for scrapbooking. It's an important activity that helps me to chronicle the everyday life of the Wilkinson clan in a fun and artistic way. The local craft store; "Crafty Lady" (don't you just love the name ;o) has all sorts of kits that help me with layouts and ideas. Here's a good example dealing with Pam returning to circus school for her sophomore year.

She's such a wonderful child and as limber as all get out...don't you think?? She always turns heads at Sunday sevices with her blond hair (courtesy of Jim) and her slim waist (thanks to yours truly I guess!!) and is quite popular at school or so I'm told!!

I do go on don't I but if a Mom can't brag about her own children then I don't know what this world's come to.

The real reason I'm writing today is because of how proud I am to be a woman in America after the nomination of Sarah Palin. Now I was as ignorant about her as anyone else just a week ago but she came on like gangbusters at the Republican national convention and her tough mindedness and homespun ways are just what this country needs!

As for the terrible man I mentioned in the title let's just say that staying up past 11 was a mistake. I just happened to flip over to the Comedy network when this Jon Stewart fellow was starting his show. I've seen him in some magazines but can't say that I've ever seen him perform...what a rude and obscene man. Here is a clip of him and let me just warn you that it is vulgar in parts and for adults only. I include it to educate the public about the trash that is out there....beware!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nan,

With your permission I'd like to cover your daughter
Pam with Hershey's chocolate syrup [only the best]
and lick it all off. [For muscular dystrophy - I'd be doing it to raise money and awareness for muscular
dystrophy, I swear. It's a terrible disease.]

Let me know,

Troy Huber

Anonymous said...

Pam just hired me as her bookkeeper. Troy, I'm penciling you in for 2:00 on friday. Any takers on sloppy seconds?

Nan Wilkinson said...

Mr. Huber,
I've seen your picture and read of you elsewhere on The Blob so a comment such as this comes as no surprise. However, I just happen to be a huge fan of the Labor Day Muscular Dystrophy Telethon with that wonderful Jerry Lewis and his kids. I saw today how Lance Armstrong will be racing once again to raise awareness for cancer and I applaud both of you in your efforts. Unfortunately the chocolate licking idea is more than perverse...it's disgusting!! If you can think of a more wholesome and appealing way of working with my daughter (maybe somehow incorporating her limberness) on this project then count us in!!
yours,
Nan W.

Nan Wilkinson said...

Maria,
I'm not sure Pam has any need for a bookkeeper but you certainly have a vivid imagination. I'm also unfamiliar with the phrase "sloppy seconds" but I assume you're referring to leftovers. After our family attacks my famous tuna casserole (with the crunchy potato chip topping)sloppy seconds are all that anybody is going to get!!! (LOL)
My hubby Jim is the worst of all...what a mess he leaves. You should just see what he does with my cream pie!! :0)

Anonymous said...

Nan, lighten up!! Can't you take a joke? Geez. I know Troy was only having a little fun at your expense. However, I wouldn't be surprised if MY daugher IS your daughter's bookkeeper. After all, Pam is obviously very talented and is probably much in demand. You know, as a gymnist. And who has time to do their own accounts these days?
Maria never was much at math but who knows, maybe she's been brushing up her skills on the side. Either that or she and Pam are setting up a little business together. Either way, I think the young folks should be encouraged in their creative endeavours, don't you?

Anonymous said...

Douche Chiiilllll!!!!!!! Hello, Nan!!
Why so much about Pam (a wonderful girl in her own way, I'm sure, ((for those who care about that sort of thing! Ha! Ha! Just kidding, as usual!!))) and nothing about your fine young son, Stephan?? I hear that he's a strapping young man, just brimming with vim and vigour!!!! I just know we'd get along like two bugs in a rug!!!
Also , how about a pic or two???
I'm really champing at the bit to make the aquaintance of that splendid young lad (or is it chomping?? Whatever; once it's between my teeth, ol' Tobias will know what to do!! Count on it!!! Ha! Ha!)!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Maria! Is Pam free around 11:00 or 12:00 on Saturday night? For 2 or 3 hours?? I've got a Bible study/circus evening planned.........good, clean, Christian fun (no Troy Huber ((I'm not certain, but he could be a j-e-w, if you know what I mean; and no chocolate syrup anywhere to be seen!!))!! Only good Christian "bonding", ie., fellowship!!! Halleleuyah!!!!!
I can promise her Mom that she'll be "praising His Name" all night long!!!!! Why, Pam'll think it's The Rapture!!!! What better way to prepare for Eternity, right, Nan???

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately, Anonymous, if that's your real name, Pam has a very distinct screening process. Send me your measurements via email and we'll talk. Also, I think the little vixen prefers whipped cream to chocolate. But I'm sure you could manage to get your hands on some. Keep in mind though that Pam doesn't like to get her hands dirty. Hence the bookkeeper.

That's bookkeeper, not fluffer.

See you on the interweb.