Search This Blog

Saturday, September 13, 2008

About the Boy



It seems there's been a general clamor for information about me from some of The Blob's regular readers. Granted, in my circle of friends I'm known as "the interesting one", but all this attention has got me a tad flustered.


The internet seems to attract the strangest people but I'll have none of it. Still though, that Sarah Palin is so inspiring and if she can come forth will all sorts of info about her family, the joys and sorrows, triumphs and setbacks, then so can little old I.


This brings me to my son Stephan. At fourteen he was an eager highschool freshman, husky and robust with a huge appetite for life and my famous sheperd's pie. He was a starting linebacker for the Saints and had a solid B average. Then came the hip pointer that never really healed. By 10th grade he had to give up football completely and now as a senior...well, things aren't going so well. He kind of got involved with some iffy kids. You know the type, rock music, permissive parents, video games etc. Now we barely ever see him, he comes home from school and holes himself up in his room, doesn't eat, rarely talks to us and when he does insists that we call him "Hunter" of all things!! Jim has taken the belt to him on more than one occasion but even that doesn't do any good. Our pastor says it's just a phase and has had Stephan over to his house for counselling...still no sign of improvement. If any of you out there have had similar experiences and can offer a mother some help it would be most appreciated. Frankly I'm at my wits end.

Jim even got him the manager job on the football team but Stephan would have none of it so in my desperation I let him do some scrapbooking. It's always helpful to me when I'm blue so I encouraged Steph to do a self portrait. I present it to you without comment but with a heavy heart. I get my strength these days from Governor Palin and the Lord. In my book that's a winning combination if ever there was one!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Maria! Just out of curiosity; are you Nan's "book-keeper" too? If you are, perhaps you could pass on a message for me..........I, too, love cream pie!!! And I just KNOW that hers is filled with 100% American MILFY goodness!!!! Please just pass my message along....if she's the woman I think she is, she'll understand (yes, Maria, of course! You'll get your cut!!!)!!!
Of course, if you're not her "book-keeper", or, if in fact, you are her book-keeper, never mind!!!!

Anonymous said...

Can everyone get their minds out of the gutter? Just checking!

Anonymous said...

NAN WILKINSON SAID....

Amen to that Mama C.!!
What exactly are these people talking about anyways? bookkeeper?? cream pie?? How can anyone make such normal words seem so dirty, and whoever this anonymous fellow is he sure can't spell!! It's spelled millefeuille, not MILFY (even though it's pronounced that way) and I believe those come from Paris and, though creamy, are therefore not 100% American ...geez!!
Uh oh...the oven timer just went off. Jim wants his mac and cheese on the TV tray before kick off. Must be going now.

Anonymous said...

Ed. note:
the previous comment was written at lunch time and only appeared close to midnight due to technical difficulties, hence the reference to kickoff time. Those who were ready to pounce on this apparent incongruity can go screw themselves.