Wouldn't mind knowing the steps that went into that bizarre photoshopping job on your ten commandments illustration
The process or processes involved in tranforming the photo at left into the one on the right are what we in the blogging community refer to
as "trade secrets".
The effect in question while apparently easy to achieve is actually quite labour intensive.
Here then in note form is how I went about creating yesterday's image:
- After sitting for a 2 hour Motion Capture session where dozens of retroreflective markers were glued to my face, a negative 3D casting of my head was made in plaster of Paris.
- After realizing we forgot to remove the markers before the mold was made we started over.
- After realizing there was no need for the extensive motion capture procedure we went for lunch. (I had the tuna wrap)
- With the mold now dry a latex "positive" was made and left to harden.
- Once removed and cleaned it was wrapped in a thin fiberglass and resin mesh and shipped off to Madame Tussaud's in London where it was rendered in wax and shipped over to George Lucas' Industrial Light and Magic in California.
- Here the beard was formed by painstakingly removing the hair and some skin from a live Mandrill's face and ass (3 weeks from retirement and a fat IATSE pension, R.I.P. Jimmy Mahoney)
- The removed materials were then shipped off to Sri lanka where rotating shifts of nimble fingered children completed the Moses beard which was then Fedexed back to I L and M for final touch up before affixing it to the waxen head.
- Assembly was done in stages by seperate teams to preserve secrecy and the finished product was emailed to my Mother for final approval.
Believe it or not: Charleton Heston's left hand in the original photo is in the exact position to play the famous chord at the beginning of The Beatle's "Hard Days Night". That's right...the very chord given to George Harrison, in a vision, by God himself!! http://www.noiseaddicts.com/2008/11/beatles-hard-days-night-mystery-chord-solved/