Search This Blog

Friday, March 23, 2007

On the Comeback Trail

There is a light at the end of the tunnel, a glimmer of hope, and a newfound reason for optimism. Despite the dearth of recent posts I still haven't lost the ability to pad a sentence with well camouflaged redundancies as evidenced by the first sentence. This was a talent mined in elementary school and polished to a brilliant sheen during high school and university. Indeed, my grade 7 answer "cardboard in general and boxes in particular?" set the tone for much of what was to come later in pop culture including Bart Simpson's famous "corn or as the Indian's call it maize".
As I sit here at my parent's computer in the very room where I, as a youth, learnt about the art of procrastination (more about this later) my own computer is once again at the shop awaiting the installation of a brand new hard drive. Once this is done all I have to do is re-install Windows, transfer old files to the new drive, physically remove the old drive, install my new anti-virus software, await the inevitable flood of error messages, and then break nearby things in anger and frustration.
My loyal readership must be feeling neglected and if it's any consolation I do feel guilty even though, as an uninformed neophyte, my only mistake was not buying a MAC in the 1st place.
As I approach the one year anniversary of The Blob I can take a step back and from this perspective see how I've potentially boxed myself into a corner content-wise by avoiding the traditional "blog as diary" approach in favor of an eclectic blend of just about anything other than my own day to day life. Nothing could be easier for me than to pad out the Blob with mundane personal details on the days where inspiration (an interesting news story, a personal flight of fancy, a reader's contribution, ass jokes etc.) is hard to come by.
I'll leave you with this one thought that may help increase my readership through word of mouth: Currently there are more regular readers of The Blob in Norway than in Canada. This fact alone is shameful enough but add that to their victory over us in the WWII and the 7-1 shellacking they administered to our hockey team at the last winter olympics and a woeful pattern begins to emerge. Get Blobbing Canada...let's show these bloody Vikings that we mean business!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

newsflash, blob just shorted out his computer, he's pretty suicidal......... maybe give a call if you have a moment since I can't do a suicide watch as I am back in calgary today.

Anonymous said...

Blob, I hope you deem me from Canada even though I write from the Caribbean.